Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Training myself to train..eeek

So with kick off just around the corner I thought that I should probably get my head into the space where it wont argue with me about doing exercise.

I realised when i was doing the excuse task that i have a habit of thinking the next thing is always going to help me succeed. For example signing up to the 12wbt, my thought process was i need to have some structure.

If i'm brutally honest with myself, i know everything i have to do to be successful in losing weight. Here are the tools i have at my disposal just for exercise alone.

I have a gym membership (5 mins away from home), but that wasn't enough so i have a personal trainer (who i love) twice a week for half an hour. He is so super supportive that it actually hurts when i don't succeed as i know he's rooting for me.

However to show you the extent of always searching for the 'thing' that is going to get me through is things like i have an iphone, but i HAD to buy a nano because they are so much easier to walk with. A heart rate monitor with motivate me, whats the point of exercising if i don't know what i'm burning (how insane is that thought!!!).

My aunt also bought me a treadmill (to add to the list of swiss balls, weights, workout videos) NOT TO MENTION THE WII MY BOYFRIEND BOUGHT ME BECAUSE I INSISTED THAT I NEEDED WII FIT. I still feel bad about that! i only use it to play mario kart haha....

I have the support of family, gym, PT, dietician, phycologist  and calorie counters oh and don't forget the chiropractor and physio!!!!. For some reason i always find an excuse to find something else. Actually as i'm typing this i am realising how ridiculous i have been. I need to JUST DO IT. Stop thinking about it and just do it. I am a number one victim of ANALYSIS PARALYSIS i have realised.

So i have studiously worked out when i am going to plan, to the extent of buying one of those daily planners from office work which list tasks i have to complete. I have mapped out every hour of the day including when to make food.

Struggling on the mini milestones so far, but i am going to make my major one climbing the harbour bridge with my Personal Trainer, my 8 week milestone will (i think) be doing a 10 km walk and i am not sure about my 4 week mini milestone - i think i am going to make myself go to a pilates class ( i suffer anxiety and the thought of classes make me want to cry and vomit)

I have also scheduled out a list of walks all around sydney that i will be completing every sunday with my boyfriend as something to look forward to, but also get some exercise in. This is because we have a habit of liking to eat together, and he is fit anyway, so it will be a good motivator.

I'll be posting my progress of these walks in another post.

So finally, my training schedule will look mostly like this


Monday - 6.30 walk with my mother, afternoon fitness at the gym
Tuesday 730-845- Fitness at gym 845-915 toning with PT
Wednesday- Rest Day (i work for money, not just to get my thesis done!)
Thursday- 730-845 fitness at gym or toning depending on what i do with PT at 845 (boxing?)
Friday- 630 walk with mum, Toning light stretching
Saturday - SSS (scared shitless session)
Sunday- Bush walk with boyfriend

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've started to get it figured out on the mental side and where you need to push yourself- good work! and hey, atleast you now know you have all the tools to meet your goal. which you will! Good luck - your training schedule looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete